What is Open Source Software?
What is open source software?
Open source software is software whose source code is available for modification or enhancement by anyone. “Source code” is the part of software that most computer users don’t ever see; it’s the code computer programmers can use to change how a piece of software works. Programmers who have access to a computer program’s source code can improve that program by adding features to it or fixing parts that don’t always work correctly.
How can my business benefit from using open source software?
Many people prefer open source software because they have more control over that kind of software. They can examine the code to make sure it’s not doing anything they don’t want it to do, and they can change parts of it they don’t like. Users who are not programmers also benefit from open source software, because they can use this software for any purpose they wish—not merely the way someone else thinks they should. Additionally, open source solutions prevent companies from being locked into a particular provider. This allows companies to have full control of their information, as well as provide them with a simple way to reproduce in their business applications, any new business process or any modification needed for any existing processes.
• Best suited to design and develop SEO friendly websites.
• Multi language support is easily accessible for open source platforms.
• Free and commercial extensions facilitate the development of high end features.
• Ease to maintain as the code is modifiable.
• Strong backend support to update the site easily even by non-technical personnel.
• Open source technologies are flexible in architecture.
• Architecturally strong since open source platforms can be made secure and safeguarded from malicious attacks.
• Open source platforms save a lot of development time and hence results are less costly compared with closed source systems.
• Joomla web development
• WordPress web development
• Drupal web development
• Magento eCommerce web development
• PrestaShop E-commerce Development
• OSCommerce E-commerce Development